2020 Check In/out procedures
Please review these updated procedures in full prior to bringing or picking up your camper.
Check-IN Procedure - july 26, 2020
- Most Campers who have Pre-Registered will have set appointment times with Check-in cards. Those who do not are considered Walk-ins.
- Once a Camper arrives, there will be two Staff Members who will be taking names and checking for appointment cards.
- They will check the Camper’s Check-in card and make sure it matches the time. They will ask if they have medications and if they do, they go to the Main Nurse and if not to the other Nurse doing check in. We are only allowing 2 Campers at a time and asking as few from the family come to the table at a time. They must wait by their car unless underage and need to be with Parent.
- If a Walk-In Camper shows up, they will need to be added to the Wait List. The Parking Lot Staff Members will take the Name of the Camper and time of arrival. Then ask them to return to their vehicle until their name is called. They will be filled in between appointments.
- The Main Nurse and Administrator will have tables set up by the Dining Hall. We will also have someone set up for Lice Checks.
- As soon as the Pre-Registered Camper has gone through Check-In with Nurse and Administrator, they will return to their vehicle to be sent up the hill. All Counselors will be up the hill in their assigned cabins awaiting the Campers’ arrivals. The Lower Hill Attendant will move the cones and only allow 2 vehicles up at time.
- Once the Parent has dropped off their camper and unloaded their items, they will have to head directly down the hill and off the grounds. There will be no waiting or congregating up the hill this year. There will be no leaving of the bunkhouses until all Campers are checked in. You cannot go see friends until this process is over.
- Once the Parent or camper is about to head down the hill, the Upper Hill Attendant will Walkie that one is coming down. This will ensure that one car is always coming down or up and will not collide. The Hill Attendant will then move the cones again and allow other vehicles to go up the hill and drop off.
We understand this process will be time consuming and different than usual. Please be patient and understanding that with COVID-19 there is a wide range of emotions and opinions regarding this. It is our duty and responsibility to make sure we are mitigating the risk and keeping ourselves and the campers safe. Once Check-In is over, all will be alerted over Walkie that we can now switch to regular activities.
check-out procedure - july 30, 2020
When you arrive for Check-Out, beginning at 6:45 pm, please follow the below directions:
- Pull into the Camp Drive and follow the road into the RV Camping Area
- Someone will be there to direct you to the Pavilion
- We ask that you please always stay in your vehicle
- When you pull up, there will be a table where the Administrator, Nurse, and other staff will be
- The Administrator will call for your child over the Walkie, at which time their Counselor will walk them over to the Pavilion
- The Administrator will come to your window with a Clip Board to sign out your child.
- The Nurse will hand you any medications that your child brought with them to camp
- A Staff Member will load your child’s luggage into your vehicle. The luggage will already have been brought down and placed in the Pavilion by Bunkhouse
- At this time, you will have officially checked out your camper and are able to exit by following the road around and back out the drive.
THERE WILL BE NO PARENTS’ NIGHT THIS YEAR DUE TO THE CURRENT SITUATION WITH COVID-19. WE WILL RESUME THIS NEXT YEAR IN 2021.
We want to thank you so much for sending your child to Beechwood Hills Christian Camp this year. We thank you for your patience and understanding with the adjusted Check-In and Check-out procedure. If you have any questions, please contact the Administrator, Shana Anderson, at (269) 793-7565.